user
@steve
True False variables
Is there a way to create binary variables in Cluelabs?
I'd like something like a true/false variable like in Storyline.

I want to be able to control is a message displays in a course.
So:
If varX = True, change state of Text Box 1 to Normal.

I'd like varX to be remotely controlled.

I know I can use a label variable, but I'd like to display a formatted text box - Yellow if varX is true and red if false.

Thanks,
S
user
@support
Why can't you use a Storyline true/false variable?
user
@steve
Thanks for the reply John.
Can't use the Storyline variable because I want to remotely change the variable.

Here's the full skinny. I'm working with a client and I have concerns about them paying my full invoice. It's in my contract that they don't pay their invoice until they have the SCORM files. So I'm worried that I deliver the SCORM files, they ghost on the invoice.

SO I want to put in a time bomb of sorts.

1. A text box with a message like "This course was developed using a vendor who has not been paid for their services" or something like that.
2. Set initial state as Hidden.
3. Have a clue labs T/F variable (%NotPaid%) set to False.
4. SL Trigger - Change state of Textbox to Normal if %NotPaid% is True.

If the client pays me, the text box never appears because the variable is set to False.
If they don't pay me, I go into the variable settings and change the variable to True and the text box appears in a nice red box letting everyone who takes the course that they stiffed their vendor.

I've tried using a label to say if %label% equals paid, change state to Normal. It works as a storyline trigger and variable, but when I try to use the Cluelabs variable it breaks.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
S
user
@support
I see what you're saying. Depending on how comfortable you are with JavaScript, you can just take the URL provided in the text labels How to Use instructions and parse the values from there without assigning them to any Storyline variables. If you just paste the URL in the browser, you will see that it returns an array of values, which should be easy to work with using JS.