user
@kimusry
Leaderboard Implementation Steps in Captivate
Hello!!

I saw the step by step on how to add this into Articulate. Do you have one for Captivate? I think that there are enough differences to make it confusing.

Thank you so much!!!!
user
@support
Once you create your leaderboard and click Save, you will see a list of steps to follow. If you are seeing instructions for Storyline, this means you selected Storyline in the authoring tool field. Go back and change that selection to Captivate to see the list of steps for Captivate.
user
@kimusry
I did choose and see the steps for captivate, but it still is somewhat confusing.

Browsing the discussion board, I saw this nice tutorial for articulate and wondered if there was something similar for captivate.

https://cluelabs.com/tutorials/01-leaderboard-storyline/build-leaderboard-in-articulate-storyline/index#/
user
@support
I see. There is no tutorial for Captivate, but feel free to ask questions about the steps if anything is not clear.
user
@kimusry
Thank you for your offer. I have worked with variables before but not in this capacity so trying to figure out how to get them to work like this.
user
@kimusry
I got the name to work, but the points is trickier. Especially this part in Articulate, how to translate that into captivate

Where it says, "On the result slide, add triggers to sum up the values of q1points, q2points, q3points into the quizpoints variable."

I can make the individual points increment, or not on the individual question slides but how do we add them up and make sure that triggers it for the leaderboard??
user
@support
In Captivate, you have Advanced Actions that allow (among other things) to sum the variables. To learn more about how Captivate works, you can reference their online resources. In particular, this page goes over advanced actions: https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/using/advanced-actions.html and should help.

So your advanced action will sum the variables, then execute the JavaScript code to send the score the leaderboard. After you save the advanced action, you can return to the slide itself and select to execute this action when slide starts.

Feel free to post more questions as they arise.
user
@kimusry
Thank you so much for your help! I got it to work. :)
user
@support
Yay, congrats!