user
@thulanphungcmo
How to import data into storyline

Is there a way for me to include data from google sheets into the storyline? I want to make a storyline so that users can enter their username and it will display information about how many points they got from participating in previous activities.
user
@support
If you're good with formulas, you should be able to do that. When it says in widget instructions to create the stencilsheetstoken variable - this variable stores the row number of the user. So if you can use a formula to find the correct row number by email and then save that number into stencilsheetstoken then the user will get data from that row.

The work flow would look like this:
1. Initialize the Sheets widgets normally.
2. Use SheetsSet to write a formula (for example, using MATCH) to search for the email.
3. Use SheetsGet to read the calculated value of the formula with the result.
4. Extract the row number from the result and save it into stencilsheetstoken.
5. Use SheetsGet to read user's data from the spreadsheet as needed.
user
@thulanphungcmo
Can you send me the java code and detailed instructions to import data from google sheets into the storyline?
user
@support
Here you go: https://cluelabs.com/blog/authenticating-a-user-in-articulate-storyline-with-the-help-of-the-google-sheets-widget/

You can download the .story file at the bottom of the page and copy triggers from there.