user
@dean
Getting started
Hi, Can you help me set up one or two variables in my project so I can get going ... I don't seem to be able to make it work?
user
@support
Dean, what is your question?
user
@dean
Hi John,

I am struggling to get it all working ... if I sent my file could you add one or two variables to it so they add to my Google sheets?
user
@support
We can try. Feel free to post a link to your file in the response below.
user
@dean
Can I share privately?
user
@dean
Are you there?
Here's my file .... can you set up Postcode to be collected to sheets as an example?
user
@support
You should post just one slide you're having an issue with. I really have no need to see your entire project.
user
@dean
Here is a short version .. can you help as soon as possible .. I have been trying for weeks to get it working.

https://we.tl/t-fe5bxZ2XBF
user
@support
Dean, what is it that you're trying to do? Save the post code to Google Sheets?
user
@dean
Yes, I have many other questions to capture but If you can help me with one I can get the others going
user
@dean
I can share my sheet also if you need?
user
@dean
Thanks so much for the help...
user
@dean
Would you like to share an email address so I can share the sheet I have set up?
user
@support
Ok, you need to add the following trigger to execute when the variable Postcode changes:

var player = GetPlayer();

SheetsSet('Postcode',player.GetVar('Postcode'));
user
@dean
I have added that on screen 1.2 ... did I do it correctly?
user
@dean
I can see data in the sheet :)
user
@support
Oh, I see your trigger now, on the Next button, correct? Yes, it looks good. I would just double-check the order of the triggers. Currently, jump to next slide is placed before the SheetsSet trigger. The latter will never execute because you're leaving the slide before it gets to that trigger.
user
@dean
What would be the best trigger?
user
@support
The way you have them is fine, just change the order so that jump to next slide occurs after the other two.
user
@dean
OK ... let me test
user
@dean
THis may be a silly question but do I need to host the file or will they work if I leave them local?
user
@support
That would probably depend on your network, firewall, organizational policy, etc. For me, it worked from the computer locally.
user
@dean
So it worked without any change to the file I sent?
user
@support
There was one change - reorder the triggers as described in the earlier messages.
user
@dean
Could you send the file back to me?
user
@dean
Got it working! Hey can you capture Likert scale responses with this method?
user
@support
Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkjlf72srqg16ek/MIA%20Learning%20Module%204%20-%20V6%20-%20GoogleSheets%20Sample%20-%20SL2%20Backup.story?dl=0

If you can attach the triggers to the individual responses, then you can. Or maybe consider building your own likert scale instead of using Storyline's default one.
user
@dean
Thanks!!
user
@dean
Hi John, Can you help with another issue?