user
@jstasyszen
Data sent to wrong Google Sheet
Hi, I am trying to send data from Storyline to a Google sheet, but no matter how many times I connect the sheet, it sends it to the sheet of another widget I created. Originally, I had tried to send widget data to another sheet within the same document but no matter what, it would show up on the first sheet of the previously created widget. Then I tried to create a new widget that went to a completely different document. I connected it and verified it, but even that one sent data to the first sheet of the other document. Not sure what I've done wrong! Thanks so much for your help.
user
@support
Hi. If you are using the starter .story file, make sure you update the clabsSheetsWidgetID variable in Storyline. Let me know if that doesn't help, we'll investigate further. Thank you!
user
@jstasyszen
Yes, I made sure (and just checked again) and the value of the variable is set with the correct key for each one.
user
@support
Any chance you can upload your .story file (feel free to delete everything except for the slides that use Sheets) so we can troubleshoot the file? Thank you!
user
@jstasyszen
Ok, somehow it worked once and went to the right sheet, but the next couple times I tried, it went back to the first sheet> Here's the link to the project: [link]

Thanks again for your help!
user
@support
Hello. Here's what I see:

- There are about 12 javascript triggers that load the Sheets widget. There only needs to be one.
- Half of those triggers load one widget, half of those load another one. When you run the module, only the trigger that executes first will take effect. So whichever of the 12 happens to execute first determines what widget will be used.

If you are not sure how to work with the triggers, you can download the starter .story file and see examples/explanations there.

There also seems to be an error trying to send out an email message. You need to make sure the widget is loaded before using it. While this by itself will not affect Sheets, Storyline stores all javascript in a single file, so an error in one block has the potential to break all triggers in the module.
user
@jstasyszen
Ahhh, yeah that makes sense. I'm still learning obviously! Appreciate the help!