user
@jackwaller
CloudGet - Receive other users data
Hi there,

First of all, thanks so much for creating this Widget, it's brilliant.

I'm going to use it as a digital module running alongside a tutor led virtual learning setting. So for example when I have breakout rooms during a Zoom call, teams will use the module to answer questions about a topic and input their text.

Because a lot of the work we do is team based, only one person needs to be the scribe and input their text. This means that the other team members are stuck with no data. I've currently worked out that you can update the data manually in the Data Cloud and then using the CloudGet function, which works well.

But I just wanted to know if there was a way to automate that process, so I could use the CloudGet function to automatically pull in the data the user that has inputted for the other members of the teams.

Any ideas, or is this a step too far? Thanks in advance.

Jack
user
@support
Jack, in theory each user should have access only to their own data, but if you create one user and hardcode the value of their stencilusertoken variable into Storyline, then anyone who opens the storyline project will be seen as this user and they all will be able to get and set the data.
user
@jackwaller
Great, thanks for your help