Running Total

Hello,

I have one question relating to obtaining data from several users. Is there any way in which you can have a running total under one field in the table? For example I would like to add 1 each time the user clicks a button in Storyline, I do not wish to add another row, only update the previous row by 1 so I have a total number of times this button has been clicked?

I think what you are doing here is great by the way! Thanks for your help!

January 8, 2020, 5:14 am

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#1

Hello. Yes, just update the field with a new value. If everything is done properly, calling CloudSet on the same field for the same student overrides the previous value, not adds a new row to the table. Just like in the demo https://cluelabs.com/widget-demos/data-cloud/index.html every time you click on the markers 1-4, the field value is updated.

January 8, 2020, 8:11 am

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#2

Thanks. Sorry i should of made it clear that this would be for multiple users. I basically wish to override one value in a field with multiple users OR have a running total. For example the trigger would take the previous value in the field and add 1:

Row1: 1
Row2: 2
Row3: 3
etc

This would allow us to track the total amount of times a particular object is clicked within storyline. I hope this makes sense!

Thanks

January 8, 2020, 8:32 am

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#3

Each user can access only his/her own data, this was done to ensure data security. However, you can request this custom feature through premium widgets http://cluelabs.com/stencil/widget-premium that will be available only to you (your organization).

January 8, 2020, 8:54 am

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#4

Hi again. We had an internal discussion and concluded that it would be nice to add a feature like you described to the basic Data Cloud widget. You should see it later this week or early next week. Thank you for the suggestion!

January 8, 2020, 1:44 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.2#5

Great thanks! This should be very useful!

January 13, 2020, 5:10 am

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#6