automatically refresh the leaderboard

Could you please tell me, there is a possibility to refresh leaderboard every time when it is updated by new record or we have to do it by clicking refresh button available in browser?

April 9, 2019, 1:46 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#1

When the data is added to a leaderboard, a variable "stencilrendered" will increase by 1.

If you display a leaderboard first and then send the new data, your new data will not be included in the leaderboard that's already displaying. To reload the table, you need to reload the web object on the slide. Here are some ideas how you can do this:

- Jump to another slide and then immediately return to the current slide. The slide should reload and you will see the updated data.

- In Articulate Storyline, have another web object with the same leaderboard on a separate layer and show that layer after the variable stencilrendered changes. This way the new web object will load over the old one covering the old data and showing the new data. See example below.

Web object in Articulate Storyline after the leaderboard is updated

April 9, 2019, 6:04 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#2

Thank you for your response. Is there a possibility to take a leaderboard content to Storyline? I've tried, but unfortunately responseText is empty. I want to do the same as we can do using custom list.
And second question - max row to put is 20 - could we increase this value?

April 11, 2019, 4:34 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#3

The maximum number of rows is already being increased for both the leaderboard and the custom list. You should see the change in the next few days.

The leaderboard is meant to be a quick way to display the scores in the module. If you need more options (such as reading the data into variables, having the flexibility of how to present this data on the slides, etc.) then you should use a custom list instead.

April 11, 2019, 6:28 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#4