4 point data collection

I am trying to track results of a 4-option personality test that has 20 questions using Articulate Storyline 3. The quiz results slide displays outcomes as percentages on a bar graph, (ex. 40% A, 30% B, 25% C, 5%D) that are altered by the state of shapes. (20 states for each shape). So each answer to a question is 5 points because I am doing percentages (out of 100)
My thought was to use the state of these shapes to generate logic back to CloudSet.
I was able to get data to transfer using Shape “A” (which is Orange) for version 8.
I am using JavaScript for each state of the shape.
CloudSet('A','+5');
CloudSet('A','+10');
CloudSet('A','+15');

When I went back in and built in the logic for the other 3 shapes nothing reports back. I wasn’t sure why, I thought maybe it was because I was reporting them all at .25 seconds after the slide started. This didn’t really make sense, but I went in and spaced the reports back to Cloudset .25 seconds apart for each shape.

Now even name field doesn't copy over into the cloud. I keep working with it and can't seem to get all 5 categories to carry over into the cloud.

January 9, 2020, 5:53 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#1

David, is there a question?

January 9, 2020, 5:55 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.1#2

Sorry, I edited my first post. Shouldn't I be able to track all 4 data points? In version 8 I went in and tested just one data point to see if my coding was working. Then when it worked, I created version 9 and redid the same code for the other three shapes. Now nothing carries over.

January 9, 2020, 6:00 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#3

Something is probably off with your triggers. Post a link to the .story file here, we'll check what's wrong.

January 9, 2020, 6:06 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.1#4

I hope a link on eLearning Heroes works for you...
https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/4-point-data-capture#reply-650617

Thank you very much for looking at it. In the meantime, I am going to start back on Version 8 (where 2 of the 5 items work), create version 10, and try again.

Thanks,
David.

January 10, 2020, 2:37 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#5

Actually it looks like most of the code from Version 9 was accidentally saved over version 8. So, they are not that different really.

January 10, 2020, 2:45 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#6

David, the quiz slide submit button is programmed automatically to jump to the next slide as soon as it's clicked if there are no feedback layers. So your triggers never get a chance to run. Additionally, the trigger for A is linked to Shape A, while the B-D are linked to the Sumit button. This looks odd.

Also, it's probably not an issue, but there's no reason to use a plus sign for positive numbers. If you're assigning a positive value to the field, CloudSet('A', '5'); should suffice (without "+" before 5).

January 10, 2020, 4:40 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.1#7

Thank you very much for your time and your help. I see exactly what you mean.
Those triggers are from a previous attempt that I never got to work. (version 7 and before)
I built rebuilt the logic on the results page and it worked. (version 10)

I feel like this was a learning experience. There was probably an easier way to do this.
Thanks again for all of your help.

January 10, 2020, 5:43 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#8

You're very welcome!

January 10, 2020, 5:46 pm

Click for thumbs down.0Click for thumbs up.0#9